Landlord/Investment Property Insurance

Landlord Insurance, or Investment Property Insurance is in many ways very similar to a homeowners insurance. The insurance is supposed to protect you against risks of any unforeseen expenses associated with damages, vandalism or theft to your property inside, outside and surrounding. It also covers liability issues from emergencies or accidents happening to individuals on your property, for whom you are responsible, such as maintenance workers and contractors. Any damage, vandalism and theft resulting from fire, wind, snow, hurricanes, tornadoes, broken water pipes, accidents, bad tenants and break-ins are covered. Replacements and repairs as well as lost rent can also be covered by a landlord insurance policy.

A landlord insurance policy is not legally required, unless you have a mortgage on the property, but it’s certainly a sound way to help protect your investment. The big difference between a landlord and a homeowners insurance is the coverage of personal belongings, which is the responsibility of tenants or users of your property and not you as the owner.

All property is unique and likely require unique insurance policies. Crusberg-Decker insurance professionals can help you assemble to right policy with proper limits and add-ons for your unique rental property. Contact us at 800.640.1712 or fill out the form on this page to learn more.

Get A Quote